Saturday, January 6, 2018

Routine Lists Inspired

This past week, I read a blog post by Selena Kinder on empoweringwomennow.com that I found very familiar and interesting.  She wrote about how simple routines that she does morning and night help to keep her healthy.  She expressed reluctance in showing her routines because they might be too much or not enough for some women.  However, in the end, she made the point "that you don’t feel obligated or guilty into doing anything on my lists unless you think it will help you with your goals. Ultimately, I’m sharing my lists to help you pinpoint what you need to do for your life."

I enjoyed her post because I like her have specific routines that I do each morning and night.  I have found that since I retired having routines helps me to not only get my day started off on the right foot but they also help me to end my day more peacefully and sleep better knowing I have accomplished something that day.  Of course, routines are not set in stone and can be altered, added to or eliminated as necessary but my routines fit me nicely right now.  That is not to say they won't change in the future.  My routines do not take a lot of time as I prefer not to make plans for my day unless I absolutely must.  I prefer to see where my interests, energy level, etc. take me.  Also, I am of the opinion that if you plan something, God will find a way to change your plan.

Perhaps you will share your routines with me in the comments below.

I will end this post with a quote from Selena Kinder that I especially liked, "Always remember you are good enough and capable of achieving anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment