Thursday, September 21, 2017

Let me show you a picture of...

My husband and I are at that age when we find ourselves with people who invariably say, "Let me show you a new picture of my grandchildren."  We smile and ooh and ahh at the picture and listen to all the wonderful grandparent stories.  We are fine with it because it is something all grandparents do.  We are fine until they ask, "Do you have grandchildren?"  Most of our friends know the answer to that question but there are always a few who genuinely don't know.  No, we do not have grandchildren.  We have a grandpuppy. 

My son and daughter-in-law have this adorable dog named Snoofer whom we have affectionately dubbed our grandpuppy.  We do all the normal things grandparents do, we buy him gifts, we go to visit him and are sent pictures and stories by his "mom and dad". 

When we first told people we had a grandpuppy we thought they would think us quite odd but it seems there are many people who have grandpuppies.  So when I am asked if I have a picture of my grandchildren, I am very happy to pull out a picture of my grandpuppy, Snoofer.

No comments:

Post a Comment