Tuesday, July 12, 2016

My Mantra





Recent events in our nation and the world have brought on me a crisis of faith.  Not a crisis in faith in God but faith in the people He created.  It is difficult to understand the depth of hatred that so many of His people have.  And the acts of violence fueled by this hatred are excused by the perpetrators as being caused by religion, race, gender and more.  I have been struggling to keep an open mind on what the foundation of these acts are.  To eliminate all the intense emotions being fueled by those who only wish to fan the fires and not solve the problems in the first place.  It has gotten to a point where just watching the nightly news has become difficult and painful.

This morning as I sat on my porch drinking my coffee and enjoying the quiet solitude of the neighborhood, it came to me....a quote from a book that I read as a girl and to this day still keep a copy of it on my bookshelf.  The quote came from a girl who had witnessed and been a part of the worst time in our world's history.  Yet, even after all she endured, she still had faith in the people around her.

     "Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." --Anne Frank

I believe that God put this quote in my heart for a reason.  This will be my mantra when it seems the world has gone completely insane.

Hopefully the world and God's people will regain their sanity soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment